Barre City Energy Committee
Meets on the fourth Monday of every month
From 5:30 PM to 6:30 PM
Council Chambers, City Hall (6 N. Main Street)
Energy Tip Tuesdays and Transportation Tip Thursdays
If you don't have a Front Porch Forum account, or don't subscribe to Facebook and follow the Energy Committee, we have been posting tips and information for the past month or so, to get information out to you. They are posted on their own pages here - look at the right hand tool bar and you will see each of the Tip pages. Check them out!
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, Barre City Hall closed to the public at the close of business on Thursday, March 19, 2020. City Hall remains closed except for appointments in the Clerk's office only for land records research.
Follow the Barre City Energy Committee on Facebook!
Mission: To improve our community by reducing energy costs to Barre City residents and benefit the environment
- Energy conservation, energy efficiency, renewable energy
- Electricity, heating and cooling, alternative transportation, alternative and renewable fuels
- Municipal operations and projects
- Public workshops and education
- Community planning and policy
Barre City Energy Committee Members
Elaine Wang Co-Chair; term ends 2019
Phil Cecchini Co-Chair; term ends 2020
Conor Teal; term ends 2019
Romni Palmer; term ends 2021
Correspondence to the Commission should be directed to:
The Barre City Energy Committee
c/o Janet E. Shatney, Director
Planning, Permitting, & Assessing Services
6 North Main St. Ste 7
Barre, VT 05641
(802) 477-1465 Janet direct line
City Planning Director - Janet Shatney - email@example.com
Building and Community Services Director - Jeff Bergeron - firstname.lastname@example.org
Efficiency Vermont Advisor
Brad Long, Account Manager - email@example.com
- Energy conservation and efficiency: Efficiency Vermont is the state-funded, state-wide resource for energy efficiency for residential and commercial buildings. Visit them at www.efficiencyvermont.com or call them at 888-921-5990. Press 1 for residential questions and support and 2 for commercial questions and support.
- Renewable energy: Renewable Energy Vermont is the state-wide renewable energy industry association. Their website can help consumers understand the various renewable energy technologies and find contractors: www.revermont.org.
- Alternative transportation: Want to green your commute or other trips?
- Click here for a comprehensive quick guide to traveling in Central Vermont.
- Go Vermont is the state-run resource for carpooling, biking, and more: www.connectingcommuters.org