Barre City Energy Committee
Meets on the fourth Monday of every month
From 5:30 PM to 6:30 PM
Council Chambers, City Hall (6 N. Main Street)
Follow the Barre City Energy Committee on Facebook!
Mission: To improve our community by reducing energy costs to Barre City residents and benefit the environment
- Energy conservation, energy efficiency, renewable energy
- Electricity, heating and cooling, alternative transportation, alternative and renewable fuels
- Municipal operations and projects
- Public workshops and education
- Community planning and policy
Barre City Energy Committee Members
Elaine Wang Co-Chair; term ends 2019
Phil Cecchini Co-Chair; term ends 2020
Conor Teal; term ends 2019
Romni Palmer; term ends 2021
Correspondence to the Commission should be directed to:
The Barre City Energy Committee
c/o Janet E. Shatney, Director
Planning, Permitting, & Assessing Services
6 North Main St. Ste 7
Barre, VT 05641
City Planning Director - Janet Shatney - email@example.com
Building and Community Services Director - Jeff Bergeron - firstname.lastname@example.org
Efficiency Vermont Advisor
Brad Long, Account Manager - email@example.com
- Energy conservation and efficiency: Efficiency Vermont is the state-funded, state-wide resource for energy efficiency for residential and commercial buildings. Visit them at www.efficiencyvermont.com or call them at 888-921-5990. Press 1 for residential questions and support and 2 for commercial questions and support.
- Renewable energy: Renewable Energy Vermont is the state-wide renewable energy industry association. Their website can help consumers understand the various renewable energy technologies and find contractors: www.revermont.org.
- Alternative transportation: Want to green your commute or other trips?
- Click here for a comprehensive quick guide to traveling in Central Vermont.
- Go Vermont is the state-run resource for carpooling, biking, and more: www.connectingcommuters.org