Barre City Energy Committee
Meets on the fourth Monday of every month
From 5:30 PM to 6:30 PM
Hybrid (ZOOM and In-Person)
Council Chambers, City Hall (6 N. Main Street)
CURRENTLY DORMANT UNTIL THERE ARE COMMITTEE MEMBERS
Follow the Barre City Energy Committee on Facebook!
Our latest postings on the Barre City Facebook Page
Mission: To improve our community by reducing energy costs to Barre City residents and benefit the environment
Efficiency Vermont FREE Energy Savings Residential Kits
For a limited time, Efficiency Vermont is offering a FREE Energy Savings Kit (available while supplies last). Do you want to save energy and reduce your carbon footprint in your home? Reduce your home’s carbon footprint with products that help lower your energy consumption and reduce unnecessary water waste, all while saving you money!
Efficiency Vermont is offering Residential Vermonters a free kit of general purpose LEDs and water-saving devices. Get your FREE kit today and start saving money on energy bills. This offer is only available for a limited time.
Limit one (1) Energy Saving Kit per household for Vermont residential utility customers. Vermonters who received a kit from Efficiency Vermont in the last three years are not eligible.
This kit contains one (1) 60w Tuneable WiFi LED A19; five (5) 60w LED A19, three (3) 40w LED A19, two (2) 75w LED A19, one (1) 1.5 GPM fixed showerhead, one (1) kitchen aerator, and one (1) bathroom aerator.
Click HERE or on either of the photos to go to the Efficiency Vermont Free Kit webpage. Follow the prompts to order your free residential energy savings kit today!
- Energy conservation, energy efficiency, renewable energy
- Electricity, heating and cooling, alternative transportation, alternative and renewable fuels
- Municipal operations and projects
- Public workshops and education
- Community planning and policy
Each member serves a 2-year term. Members and term limits for FY22 are:
Correspondence to the Committee should be directed to:
The Barre City Energy Committee
c/o Janet E. Shatney, Director
Planning, Permitting, & Assessing Services
6 North Main St. Ste 7
Barre, VT 05641
(802) 477-1465 Janet direct line
- Energy conservation and efficiency: Efficiency Vermont is the state-funded, state-wide resource for energy efficiency for residential and commercial buildings. Visit them at www.efficiencyvermont.com or call them at 888-921-5990. Press 1 for residential questions and support and 2 for commercial questions and support.
- Renewable energy: Renewable Energy Vermont is the state-wide renewable energy industry association. Their website can help consumers understand the various renewable energy technologies and find contractors: www.revermont.org.
- Alternative transportation: Want to green your commute or other trips?
- Click here for a comprehensive quick guide to traveling in Central Vermont.
- Go Vermont is the state-run resource for carpooling, biking, and more: www.connectingcommuters.org