Barre City is a great place to locate or expand a business. Barre City is more than the "Granite Center of the World". Today Barre host a wide array of businesses including various industrial uses, a multitude of service establishments, a wide array of regional financial institutions, and much of the regional retail businesses.
When considering a location in Vermont, consider Barre City which has:
- A vibrant downtown shopping district with over 40 retail businesses and over 120 consumer-based businesses.
- Strong primary trade area consisting of over 20,000 households with non-shelter expenditures of $486 million.
- Close proximity to Interstate 89 providing access to many regional markets.
- Existing water and sanitary capacity to meet almost any business needs.
- A wide choice of housing both in Barre City and the surrounding communities.
- A local workforce available to serve most business needs.
- A business-friendly permitting process.
This section of our web site has been developed to help you learn more about locating or expanding a business in Barre City. The various pages on the navigation bar on the left side will provide you with market information, financial incentives, and available resources.