To register to vote, please visit Vermont's Online Voter Registration System.
Absentee Ballot Information
Absentee ballots can be obtained by the following:
- Telephone request to the City Clerk’s office at 476-0242 to receive an absentee ballot by mail. Requests for an absentee ballot to be mailed to you must be made by the Friday before the scheduled vote to allow enough time for the ballot to arrive.
- To request an absentee ballot by mail, send your written request to the Barre City Clerk’s Office, P.O. Box 418, Barre, VT 05641.
- Requests must be received by the Friday before the scheduled vote.
- To vote in person or pick up an absentee ballot, please stop by the City Clerk's office. Office hours are 7:30 am - 4:30 pm.
- Please note that when picking up an absentee ballot in person at the Clerk's office, you may not pick up a ballot for another person. You may request that a ballot be mailed to someone else.
- To request and absentee ballot please fill out the Request Form for Early and Absentee Ballot.
- You may also request ballots on-line through the Secretary of State's My Voter Page web portal.
- You may request that Justices-Of-The-Peace deliver a ballot to you prior to the election if you have a handicap or disability and are not able to vote outside your residence. Such requests need to be received by the day before the election at the latest. JP ballot delivery is not available on the day of the election.
All absentee ballots must be returned prior to the closing of the polls at 7:00 P.M. on Election Day to be legally valid. Those absentee ballots being returned by mail must arrive at the Barre City Clerk's office by close of the Post Office on Election Day. Absentee ballots received after Election Day will not be counted.