Barre City Energy Committee
Meets on the first Friday of every month
From 9:00 AM to 10:00 AM
Council Chambers, City Hall (6 N. Main Street)
Barre Saves Energy Initiative
The Barre City Energy Committee is a proud partner in Barre Saves Energy, an initiative led by the Barre Partnership and Efficiency Vermont to help Barre City residents and businesses reduce their energy costs through improved energy efficiency. Other partners are Barre City, Barre Area Development, the Central Vermont Chamber of Commerce, and Vermont Department of Housing and Community Development.
Do you want to learn more about how to reduce your energy costs? The events below are for you!
Upcoming Events for the Public:
- Wed Feb 22, 5:30pm-7:30pm. Beyond Heating with Cord Wood. Aldrich Library Milne Room
- Date and time TBD. City Facility Tour: Energy Efficiency at the Barre City Wastewater
- Treatment Plant Saves Taxpayer Dollars, date and time TBD
- Business energy walk-throughs (up to 30)
- Home energy walk-throughs (up to 35)
- Rental property energy walk-throughs
Activities to Date:
- Energy efficiency social gathering for Barre Business Owners, Quarry Kitchen and Spirits, Wed July 20, 5:30pm-7:00pm
- Electric Car Show at Thunder Road, July 28, 5pm-7pm
- Tabling to sign up residents for free energy efficiency walk-throughs of their homes, Heritage Festival, Sat July 30, 7am-1pm
- Energy Workshop for Barre City Rental Property Owners, Blanchard Block, Thu Oct 6, 8:30am-10:00am
- Nov 7-11, times 7:30am-4:30pm. LED light bulb giveaway at City Hall.
- Sat Nov 12, time TBD. Residential Button Up Day of Action. Nelson's Ace Hardware and Aubuchon Hardware.
- Wed Nov 16, 5:30pm-7:30pm. Slash Your Energy Bills. Aldrich Library Milne Room.
- Wed Jan 18, 5:30pm-7:30pm. Are Heat Pumps Right for You? Aldrich Library Milne Room
Stay tuned to the Barre City Front Porch Forum for details on upcoming events for the public! If you have questions you can contact Elaine Wang at email@example.com
Barre City Energy Committee Members
Elaine Wang Co-Chair
Phil Cecchini Co-Chair
City Manager - Steven E. Mackenzie, P.E.
City Planner - Janet Shatney
Building and Community Services - Jeff Bergeron
Efficiency Vermont Advisor
Timothy Perrin, CEM - Senior Account Manager