CITY OF BARRE
HOMELESSNESS TASK FORCE
The Task Force will meet every Monday at TBD in the City Council Chambers or Hybrid
On July 27, 2021, the Barre City Council approved the establishment of a Homelessness Task Force to analyze and report back the City Council concerning homelessness in our City. This task force will be made up of 7 members from the community and will include staff resources in a support role.
The Task Force is tasked with reviewing and advising the City Council on the following items.
- · Work with civic organizations and City Resources to quantify the current and projected homeless community in Barre City.
- · Work with the homeless community, civic organizations and City resources to identify the main areas of concern.
- · Identify current Federal, State and Local resources available to the homeless community.
- · Identify key resources that are underutilized or unavailable.
- · Identify barriers and/or perceived barriers to existing resources, social services, housing, etc.
- · Develop and recommend short term solutions to immediately address the needs of the homeless community.
- · Expand upon the short term solutions and develop a recommendation for long term system changes to support our homeless neighbors.
- · Identify potential financial implications to the City for any of the above items.
If you are interested in being part of a dynamic Task Force that has a goal of making Barre a better place for our homeless neighbors. Please fill out the City of Barre Volunteer Application by clicking here. Save the file to your computer, fill out the information and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.