CITY OF BARRE
HOMELESSNESS TASK FORCE
Meets on the 1st Wednesday of each month in the City Council Chambers or Hybrid at 7pm
On July 27, 2021, the Barre City Council approved the establishment of a Homelessness Task Force to analyze and report back the City Council concerning homelessness in our City. This task force is made up of 7 members from the community and will include staff resources in a support role.
The Task Force is tasked with reviewing and advising the City Council on the following items.
- · Work with civic organizations and City Resources to quantify the current and projected homeless community in Barre City.
- · Work with the homeless community, civic organizations and City resources to identify the main areas of concern.
- · Identify current Federal, State and Local resources available to the homeless community.
- · Identify key resources that are underutilized or unavailable.
- · Identify barriers and/or perceived barriers to existing resources, social services, housing, etc.
- · Develop and recommend short term solutions to immediately address the needs of the homeless community.
- · Expand upon the short term solutions and develop a recommendation for long term system changes to support our homeless neighbors.
- · Identify potential financial implications to the City for any of the above items.
Charles "Chip" Castle