Human Resources is dedicated to Providing Services for all City Employees.
- The Department is responsible for directing the administration of sound policies, programs and professional practices of human resources administration, consistent with the provisions of the City of Barre
- Monitor negotiate and implement benefits for all City Staff
- The Department is responsible for the recommendation, development and implementation of comprehensive policies and procedures consistent with professional standards, labor agreements as well as applicable Federal, State and Local laws.
- Develop and recommend overall human resources management strategies
- Participate in the labor relations program for the City including contract negotiations and administration with all recognized bargaining units pertaining to all terms and conditions of employment.
- Training and development. Direct the conduct of all investigations concerning harassment.
- Interprets the laws and rules and City personnel and human resources policies to department heads and appropriate local officials. Provides advice and assistance in reviewing and resolving employee grievances, as well as solutions to personnel problems.
- Facilitate the Employee Assistance Programs.
- Offer support and information concerning the various additional employee benefits.
The Human Resources department provides consulting and support services to the Manager for the recruitment of Management staff; as well as to City Departments to assist in managing their staff to meet the goals and objectives.
For more information contact:
Human Resources Administrator
6 N Main St
Barre, VT 05641