Manager Search Committee
City of Barre is looking for seven (7) community members residing in Barre City to serve on a Manager’s
Search Committee to assist with the hiring of the next City Manager. Applicants will be asked to work
with the City’s HR Director and a consultant between October 2021 and April 2022, utilizing hour-long
meetings, bi-weekly meetings for the following purposes:
- Review Resumes submitted for the City Manager positions
- Ranking of Resumes based on Criterion established by City Council
- If resumes submitted do not meet the minimum criterion set, work with the Consultant to Determine Finalists from the applications in order to conduct a first interview of
- Select between 2-4 candidates for recommendation to City Council for consideration
- Provide City Council with and overview of the committee’s process in candidate
Applicants will also need to dedicate time for interviews of the candidates as determined by the
committee. City Council stresses the need for applicants to be able to attend the meetings of the
committee and interviews, to ensure that the work can be completed for the hiring process.
The City of Barre is an equal opportunity EOE workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will
be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the
basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental
disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, veteran status, financial status or any other status protected under federal,
state, or local law.
If you are interested in being part of a dynamic Task Force that has a goal of making Barre a better place for our homeless neighbors. Please fill out the City of Barre Volunteer Application by clicking here. Save the file to your computer, fill out the information and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.