Barre City Development Review Board
Meets the first Thursday monthly
7:00 PM to 9:00 PM
Council Chambers, City Hall
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, Barre City Hall remains closed to the public, and staff has been called back to work on August 3, 2020.
The Development Review Board is made up of nine members. Responsibilities of the Development Review Board include:
- Reviewing and approving major land developments
- Reviewing and approving subdivisions of land
- Hearing and deciding on requests for zoning variances
- Hearing and deciding on appeals of Zoning Administrator decisions
Agendas are posted on this website, in City Hall and are published in the Times-Argus newspaper.
Current members include:
- Linda Shambo, Chair - Ward 1
- Jeffrey Tuper-Giles, Vice Chair - Ward 1
- Richard Deep - Ward 2
- David Hough - Ward 2
- James Hart- Ward 3
- Katrina Pelkey - Ward 3
- Denise Ferrari - At Large
- Betty Owen - At Large
- Jessica Egerton - At Large
Mission: To improve our community by equitable administration and enforcement of our land use regulations as adopted by the City of Barre.
The Development Review Board has adopted their most recently amended Rules of Procedure on November 1, 2018.
Correspondence to the Board should be directed to:
The Barre City Development Review Board
c/o Janet E. Shatney, Director
Planning, Permitting, & Assessing Services
6 North Main St. Ste 7
Barre, VT 05641