NOTE: As of Friday, June 16, 2023, the echeck option for online payments has been repaired. You may make payments with credit/debit cards or echecks.
MAKE PAYMENTS ON-LINE via the Xpress-Pay web portal.
The City of Barre accepts on-line credit card or e-check payments for the following:
- Property taxes (current or delinquent)
- Water & Sewer bills (current or delinquent)
- Dog licenses
- Fire Department reports
- Parking tickets
- Permits through Planning & Permitting Department
- Ambulance payments
- Burn permits
- Ice time rentals
PLEASE NOTE the following terms and conditions for making on-line payments:
- Funds are considered received when the payment is entered into the system. To avoid late penalties and interest charges, please MAKE SURE PAYMENTS ARE ENTERED BY 4:30 PM ON THE DUE DATES. Payments entered after that time/date will be considered late and all applicable late penalties and interest charges will apply.
- Property taxes and water/sewer payments received via credit card or e-check are assumed to be for current bills, and will be applied as such. If the payer's intention is to pay delinquent taxes or water & sewer charges, please be sure to indicate such on the on-line payment form.
- Taxes and/or water/sewer payments MUST BE for the exact amount due, and you cannot combine current and delinquent payments. If you are making both current and delinquent payments, they must be entered separately.
- There are convenience fees payable by the card holder or e-check user. You will see your total fee before finalizing your payment.
DOG LICENSES: Visit the Clerk's page for additional information about licensing your dog, and appropriate fees. NOTE there are special instructions for those who are registering a new dog, or who need to provide an updated rabies certificate.
PERMITS THROUGH PLANNING & PERMITTING DEPARTMENT: Visit the Permit Applications page for additional information about development permits available through the Planning & Permitting Department. NOTE there are special instructions there for those who are making online payments.
Burn permits are available for two different lengths of time:
- 3 Days: $10
- Seasonal: $20
To pay for a burn permit with a credit card or e-check, click on the link at the top of this page. You must bring your receipt to the Fire Department to have the burn permit and restrictions issued before you can do any burning.