PERMIT APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS:
NOTE: When calculating the fees for your permit applications, please use the fee schedules within each application type, and follow the instructions. Please contact JANET to verify the correct fees due.
Ways to Pay:
- mail a check [made out to the City of Barre] with the application;
- send cash the application (drop-box found at front of city hall to save a stamp);
- or use the credit card/e-check payment system by clicking HERE (3% for credit card or $2.50 for e-check convenience fee).
Please click on the icon below to download the specified document or map in Adobe PDF format. Please contact JANET if you have any questions.
You must include:
- Permit cover sheet for any zoning, flood hazard or building application
- Plans, photos, drawings and dimensions labeled (your application will not be complete until the Permit Administrator deems it so)
- Recording fees for the Land Records. This is shown at the bottom of every application page, and is a $15 on top of the base application fees
PLEASE CALL TO VERIFY TOTAL PAYMENT DUE ~ THANK YOU
|ZONING FORMS||BUILDING FORMS||OTHER FORMS|
|Permit Checklist (informational for all permitting)||Permit Cover Sheet (REQUIRED)||Electrical Permit Application|
|Permit Cover Sheet (REQUIRED)||Building Application Checklist||Vacant Building Registration/Renewal Application|
|Zoning Permit Application||Building Permit Application||FY21 Rental Registry Instructions|
|Agent for Owner Form||Sketch Sheet (additional sheet)||FY21 Rental Registry Form|
|Sketch Sheet (additional sheet)|
|Flood Hazard Permit Application|
|Conditional Use Supplemental Form|
|Site Plan Supplemental Form|
|Home Occupation Supplemental Form|
|Accessory Apartment Supplemental Form|
|Variance Request Form (use variances NOT allowed)|
|Waiver Request Form (dimensional only)|
|Notice of Appeal Form (of Zoning Admin. decision only)|
Time of Sale Inspections:
In an effort to help our property owners, the City's Code Enforcement Services has instituted a new program - they are offering a Time of Sale Inspection for buyers and sellers of all types of residential properties (single family, duplex, multi-family, etc.). This is not a mandatory inspection, but is offered for your benefit and at your request.
The Inspection has a fee associated with it, and the request must be made with the Fire Marshal's office AT LEAST 15 DAYS IN ADVANCE of your need.The REQUEST FORM can be downloaded here, or can be picked up in City Hall at the Zoning and Assessing Office. All requests must be dropped off at the Zoning and Assessing Office with the fee in the form of cash or check made out to "City of Barre, VT", at which point it will be forwarded to the Fire Marshal for review and scheduling. Please ensure a good phone number is listed on this form so that contact can be readily made.